Tips to help keep your pets safe for the 4th of July.
- Make sure your pet has proper identification. More dogs go missing on July 4th than any other day of the year.
- Keep your pet on their normal diet. Make the grill off limits and ask party guests to avoid feeding your pet bbq scraps.
- Never leave alcoholic drinks unattended where pets can reach them. Alcoholic beverages have the potential to poison pets.
- Always keep matches & lighter fluid out of your pet’s reach. Both of these can be very harmful to pets.
- Do not apply sunscreen or insect repellant product that is not labeled specifically for use on animals.
- Keep citronella candles, insect coils and oil products out of reach , ingesting can produce stomach irritation.
- Never use fireworks around pets. Many contain potentially toxic substances and can also potentially result in severe burns and/or trauma.
- Loud firework displays are no fun for pets. Keep your furry friends safe from the noise in a quiet, sheltered and escape-proof area at your home.